Hey JAG Seniors! Congratulations on all you have accomplished as you prepare to graduate!
Do you plan to further your education in the fall? Would you like to have $2,000 – $10,000 for college expenses? If the answer is “yes,” apply now for the Kenneth M. Smith Scholarship!
The Kenneth M. Smith Scholarship Fund and the Smith Scholars Program were established by the JAG Board to recognize the extraordinary leadership and service of the President and Chief Executive Officer of JAG, Inc., Kenneth M. Smith. Since 2009, the Kenneth M. Smith Scholarship Fund has awarded 269 scholarships for a total of $341,000 for participants enrolled in Jobs for America’s Graduates (JAG). Contributions to the KMS Scholarship Fund has come from JAG Board members and partnering corporations who invest in the educational development of students in JAG.
- Four JAG Students have the chance to earn a $10,000 scholarship, paid over 4 years!
- 41 – $2,000 scholarships will be awarded to JAG Students and previous Smith Scholarship winners.
- The application period is open from Feb. 1 – Feb. 22.
- The scholarship guidelines include:
- Scholarships are awarded to high school seniors in pursuit of a postsecondary degree or certificate, including: a public or private two-year community college, technical college, public or private four-year college/university, or an apprenticeship or trade school. Scholarships are also awarded to previous Smith Scholars who apply and are accepted for a follow-up scholarship to continue pursuit of a postsecondary degree or certificate.
- Scholarship application materials are submitted electronically. The application will include an application; 2 reference letter(s), academic transcript, essay, and other documentation that will assure full points are awarded for each criterion. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Applications must be typed, grammatically correct, and properly punctuated.
- Application and supporting documents must be uploaded to Headrush between February 1 and February 22, 2022. (https://jag.headrushapp.com/module/hJypr7QP5cfvXAqfx/active)
- Applications must be submitted electronically no later than midnight EST, February 22, 2022 for consideration. Applications received after February 22, 2022 will not be considered.
- Applications submitted by the deadline will be reviewed by members of the Smith Scholars Committee.
- The Smith Scholars Committee will make the final decision on scholarship awards to be announced April 1, 2022.
- Scholarship funds can be used for tuition, housing, textbooks, or school supplies.
- Award recipients are required to complete a survey after their first year of post-secondary courses. The survey will be sent to the email address listed on the application. To be considered for a follow-on scholarship, the survey must be completed.
- Scholarship recipients are welcome to attend the National Leadership Awards Luncheon in December 2022, although attendance is not required to be a Smith Scholar and expenses are not reimbursable.
- The number of awards may vary from year to year based upon the Ken Smith Scholarship Fund balance. On April 1, 2022, no less than forty-one $2,000 and four $10,000 scholarship recipients will be announced.