at Jobs for America’s Graduates (JAG)
Contract position (remote with potential for minimal travel as needed)
Jobs for America’s Graduates (JAG) is a national non-profit organization on a mission to empower the nation’s young people with the skills and support to succeed in education, employment, and in life. For over 40 years, JAG has been working to prevent school dropouts and help America’s most vulnerable young people to succeed in postsecondary education and to secure a job. As the country’s premier education and job preparation / placement program for young people of great promise, JAG has helped more than 1.6 million youth and young adults prepare for future success.
Under a new President & CEO, JAG is preparing to launch a strategic planning process in 2024 that will continue the work of our current plan, Youth Opportunities and Outcomes 2024, which aims to create equitable opportunities for more young people at their time of greatest need, while providing an advantage for youth that results in increased stability, a deep sense of purpose, and positive outcomes.
About this role:
The Learning Solutions Coordinator and Coach will support the efficient and effective coordination of the organization’s student and staff-facing Learning Management System (LMS), Headrush, to ensure an exceptional user experience.
What you’ll do:
- Coordinate the day-to-day operations of the LMS environment, including user account setup, course creation, and content management, keeping the system and its content up to date
- Collaborate with content creators and subject matter experts to upload, organize, and maintain course materials within the LMS
- Regularly update and troubleshoot issues related to the LMS, ensuring its functionality and reliability
- Engage with internal stakeholders to understand the learning goals and needs of the organization
- Coordination with platform vendors as needed
Content & Project Coordination:
- Collaborate with subject matter experts, trainers, and content creators to ensure all content aligns with the organization’s learning objectives and quality standards
- Utilize authoring tools and collaborate with content developers to create original e-learning content tailored to the organization’s needs including multimedia assets, presentations, challenges, and interactive modules
- Research, evaluate, and procure third-party educational content, such as courses, modules, videos, and assessments, to supplement internal offerings
- Administer scholarship awards and post-awards, supporting scholarship committee processes, while coordinating the technical aspects of scholarship applications, selection, acceptance, funds disbursement, renewal processing, program evaluation, and reporting to and across key stakeholders.
- Coordinate projects with key external partners and facilitate socialization, engagement across networks, and tracking impact.
- Offer on-demand affiliate support sessions (like a “genius bar”) to address specific user needs or challenges, ensuring customers have the tools and knowledge to use the LMS effectively.
- Attend and contribute during monthly Headrush huddles
- Stay updated on all features and updates within the business to business, software as a service, platform to provide and socialize accurate and relevant information to users.
- Proactively promote tips, tricks, and best practices to ensure customers maximize the value of the software.
- Anticipate customer concerns by closely monitoring system health and user interactions.
- Conduct training sessions and create documentation to educate users on LMS features, best practices, and troubleshooting techniques
- Initiate communication with users experiencing potential issues before they escalate, providing timely solutions to minimize downtime.
Data Analysis and Reporting:
- Track and analyze LMS usage data, generating reports on relevant metrics
- Utilize insights from data analysis to identify areas for improvement and recommend enhancements to optimize the user experience
Security and Technical Support:
- Coordinate with LMS vendor partners to ensure the security and confidentiality of sensitive data within the LMS through regular maintenance and adherence to data protection protocols
- Provide on-demand technical assistance and user support, addressing inquiries and resolving issues promptly
- Provide internal cross-LMS support when needed
- Support integration with other systems and tools used within the organization
Who you are:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree.
- You have 3+ years of relevant work experience in education and technology.
- You have experience working with a school, university, technology company, or other non-profit organization. (preferred)
- You have a firm grasp of Project Based Learning and different educational theories, educational technologies, and practices.
- You are proficient with and able to learn technology as it applies to education.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- You have the ability to translate ideas into tutorials/videos/resources.
- You have the ability to work well on a team respectfully.
- You have the ability to take initiative to solve complex problems.
- You operate with a high degree of flexibility and adaptability.
- You have curriculum development experience. (preferred)
- You have experience in instructional design or train-the-trainer model. (preferred)
- You have strong facilitation and training delivery skills demonstrated in virtual and in-person environments (preferred)
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
As an organization, JAG is prioritizing lifting up the voices of JAG participants, while also prioritizing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) at all levels of the organization, including our national organization as well as with our Affiliates and our partners. With all involved, we are bringing resources to bear to enhance our DEI efforts, building off of 40+ years of serving youth of color and other marginalized populations so they have access to equal opportunity and outcomes.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org