During the Pre-NTS and NTS sessions, we received a lot of great feedback and suggestions for ENDMS2. Since then, we've been working hard to implement as many of those recommendations as possible. Fortunately, we were able to implement the overwhelming majority of your requests. Taking the time to implement those requests, however, has delayed release by a day or two.
As discussed at NTS, the planned release date was August 1st. ENDMS will be taken offline tomorrow, July 31st, to start the database conversion process, but I expect that process to take more than a day so ENDMS2 may not come online until August 2nd or later. The database changes are extensive and take a long time to process.
Please remember these important details for the ENDMS2 release:
- If you use Internet Explorer, you must run at least IE 10.0 or newer. 8.0 is very common but will not work. Chrome, Firefox, or Safari is preferred.
- The system tries to be tolerant of screen resolutions and font sizes, but certain elements may break under extreme conditions. The interface works best with a browser running at least 1280 pixels wide with the default (normal/medium) font.
- All user accounts must include a valid e-mail address.
- All user accounts will be disabled for release. Managers must enable accounts to allow Specialists access to the system.
- All existing passwords will be removed. All users will need to create their own passwords using the Forgot Password function once their account is enabled by their manager.
- The ENDMS IP address is changing so you may need to work with your IT department to ensure access through firewalls.
- The ENDMS address is staying the same: https://endms.jag.org
If you have any questions prior to release, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. After release, assuming your problem is not related to logging into ENDMS2, please use the Support sharing option in the Communicator.